Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Thus end the first three days in basic cuisine. It had it's ups and downs, but I got through it. In today's lesson we prepared 7 different vegetables in a matter of 3 hours. It was interesting. I was such a spazz in the kitchen. I've blown this whole thing out of proportion. I've made it bigger than it should be. I should be taking my time and learning the things i've known, just never really paid attention to. I was supposed to make an eggplant and tomato stew, but I burnt it. After that I just felt horrible. I could not shake it. I went on with the other things, but it was not my finest hour.

I think I am just trying too hard. I want it too bad and I am pushing myself to be better and do better. Maybe cuisine is not where I should be...maybe patisserie...maybe not, i've had some hiccups in there as well. I'm blaming all this on the first week jitters of being at school and all that jazz. Hopefully my entries from now on will be better and more up beat. Let's just all hope that I can't screw up anymore than I have already.

I'm thinking tomorrow is going to be better. fingers crossed!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Precious......You can do it! You are definately pushing too hard. Cool your jets!
love ya, mom

Anonymous said...

Don't worry dear...just keep working. The first week at anything is a little disconcerting. And post more blog entries. Everyone loves hearing from you.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

hey la
If i was graded every day in law school I would be constantly frustrated. Although you are an amazing cook, being away from your home turf and under the 'lime light' makes the simplest things 400 times harder. You can do it! Love Herndon

Anonymous said...

Hi Laura S. I love reading about your adventures in and out of the kitchen. Good cooking comes from the heart so I know you will be just fine! I bragged about you to some friends of mine at dinner Saturday while at Chez Fon Fon (I am in bham for a few days visiting with Laura before going to see Sarah). Take care. Keep chopping! love, Sandra (mrs)