Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Septmeber 13th:

Thank god for 12 hours of sleep, a comfortable bed, my own pillow, and a long shower.

I am happy to report that my night was much better than the morning. Last night I walked to a restaurant, the Summit Restaurant, (I was careful mom!). I passed it about 7 times, because the people in my hotel are not really good at directions. So I was lost for a good 15 minutes trying to find my restaurant, walking up and down the same road. Finally I gave in and just asked someone. But they did not know, so back to wondering. Thankfully I found it. I went to the 47th level (floor) to the restaurant. It was a revolving restaurant, so I could have a full view of Sydney....a full 360 degree view. It was breath taking, I saw everything - the Opera House, the bridge, the tallest building and so much more; the view went on forever (on a good day, you could see to New Zealand). Dinner was good. The wine outstanding (pinot noir from right here in Sydney). The wait staff just great.

I think people find it weird when someone is dining alone. I think it is nice. I know these two things because I dined alone, something I think I will be doing this whole trip and secondly because my waiter asked me, plus a few stares from surrounding tables. I find it to be a time to just relax, to take in your surroundings and to reflect on your day. I think I might do it more often, just because I can.

Anyways, then I walked back home, again I was careful mom. I came home and crashed! I don't think it was even 8 yet, oh well, I deserved it.

Today's adventures was just great! I got to see and smell the fresh ocean air. I went on a boat ride through the harbor and up around the more fancy houses, owned by Nicole Kidman and Russell Crowe. It was breath taking - Daddy, you would have loved it. The bridges, the coastline, the beauty. There was a couple behind me that made it a very interesting tour - commenting on everything, stupidly I might add. Now I cannot really judge them, because I do not them, but they were being quite silly. They keep remarking on how rough the sea was, We were in the bay for crying out loud! It reminded me of when we were out in California getting the Suladan - Now that was rough waters, hugh swells! But I kept my mouth shut and just went on listening to the commentator. It was awesome though!

After the 2 hours and 20 minutes at sea, I went to find a nice little restaurant on the water. I read my book, took in the sun and ate pasta, so good! I was quite content. Then I walked around some more and just tinkered around. I could get used to this kind of lift style!!!

The one thing I love about Australia is that the wait staff does not bother you when you eat. They serve you and then go away until you ask for them. It is great.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work Laura. We love hearing from you.

Love,

Dad

Anonymous said...

Keep the good attitude and your days will be full of fun! You deserve this opportunity and it's good to see that you are enjoying yourself....by yourself. We all love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Keep the good attitude and your days will be full of fun! You deserve this opportunity and it's good to see that you are enjoying yourself....by yourself. We all love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Keep the good attitude and your days will be full of fun! You deserve this opportunity and it's good to see that you are enjoying yourself....by yourself. We all love you!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Nice writting laura....keep me posted, and be careful walking around at night by yourself.

Anonymous said...

Laura you write really well. I love reading this because I can imagine you out there on the streets of Sydney. It sounds great!

Anonymous said...

Will and I ate at the same restaurant!! Awesome! How do you like the 'no tipping' situation? Love reading about your trip.
Love, Koko