Tuesday, September 26, 2006

September 24:

Today I did an all day tour, which was not that bad. However, I got to the railroad station an hour before we actually took off, so that kinda peeved me off! The train took us up through 15 hand cut tunnels, over a water fall and magnificent views of the city and ocean. It lasted about an hour and 15 minutes, not bad at all. Then I went with many others to a coach to go up to the city, well town. I took some time to look around and just hang out. Then I went to meet the hostess and others on my tour to take a walk through Birdworld. It was amazing, so many different types of birds, over 54 in a space. Then it was time to make it down to the skyrail. This was a very large ski lift with enclosed seating for 6 people. It was amazing to go through, 45 minutes. It had two stops. The first stop over looked the waterfall and rocks and the second stop over looked the rain forest.

After the 45 minute ride, I was met by the hostess again to dine on a buffet, which was filled with ok food. I found something to eat though and spent enough time to pass the hour until our next tour.

The next part of the tour was listening to Tjapukai. It was so cool, dance and song. Then we were taught about bush medicine, spear throwing and boomerang throwing. I was ok at it, but there is room for some improvement! We watched a movie about the history of the people, very sad what they went through. Then it was back to the coach to go back to our hotel. I went to bed so early that night.

There is less than a week of traveling left before school starts. I hope everyone is doing well...my prayers go out to you.

No comments: