Tuesday, September 19, 2006

September 14th:

I would like to take a moment to tell everyone for looking at my blog and supporting me. I am sorry if I was unable to send you the link directly (bacon leg), but that is because I did not have your e-mail address in the first place, whose fault is that?

I would also like to a take moment to tell you about my writing style. For the past almost decade I have been keeping a journal. I write in it everyday and record my life. Keeping a journal means that you do not have to keep track of grammar, spelling, the flow of the piece. You get to do anything you want, because you are writing for yourself. However, this blog is not just for me, it is for people to read, family, friends and strangers. So I have to think about ya'll and how you will be able to comprehend my thinking. So I am going to try to make things not jump around so much, check my spelling and all that jazz....

So onto the day's events. Last night was very relax. I found something to eat and brought it back to the hotel after walking around the city all day. I just took the time to sit and unwind. It was very nice. This rolled into the next day, since my tour did not begin until 2. So I took my time getting up and moving. But before long I was on my way to find lunch and then join a coach to take a tour of the city.

Just as the tour name suggest - City Sights and Bondi Beach - we did just that. We took a coach all around the city. We went to George Street (where all the districts are located, financial, business, garments, food and such), the Rocks (the first settlement came in) and other places. We traveled to The Gap, where the port opens into the sea - a wonderful place. This was probably my favorite, because I was able to smell the sea air, feel the breeze from the ocean and just relax. It was perfect.
The one thing I learned from touring is that people that their touring very seriously!
Case In Point - An elderly Asian couple, who could not speak English very well, was on the tour with me, before the tour began the driver asked everyone to turn off their phones and beepers, for obvious reasons. Well during the tour, about 20 minutes into it, her phone goes off. She picks it up to answer it and talks for a few moments. The bus driver stops the bus, takes off his seat belt and turns around, telling the woman to turn off her phone or he was going to throw it out the window in a second. Well, her conversation lasted more than just a second. Meanwhile, the other tourists were just plain nasty, sighing and telling them to be quite! It was awlful, I felt so bad for them. For all we know, it could have been an emergency! Oh well.
The tour was finished around 6, when I was dropped off at my hotel. I got room service and went to sleep. Overall the day was okay. I would not rate this as something you just have to do when you come to Sydney. Next time, just go get lost and wonder! I think your time would be better spent!

No comments: