Friday, December 08, 2006

This is the last entry I will be writing about, well for this adventure in Australia. My culinary adventure in basic cuisine and basic patisserie has come to an end. Today was my last day of patisserie, ending in the final assessment. I made a fruit flan covered in kiwi, strawberries and blueberries. I got very good marks. I also made palmiers and vol au vents - figures made out of puff pastry. It was a little hard at times, but I got through it. I had to remake the palmiers - the first batch was not able to be presented. But overall - it was good. I passed everything - theory tests and practicals. So I will get a diploma. Now we just have to wait what kind of grade I will get. Hopefully I will get distinction, meaning an A!

Culinary school has been a great experience. It has not only taught me about the food in this industry, but also the people you would be working with, the language barriers and about myself. It has been an interesting journey. I've asked myself if I would ever do this again. My answer: yes. I have been able to meet some amazing chefs and some interesting people.

There has been a minor hiccup in the Paris Le Cordon Bleu - I might not be going. The school has run out of space in the intermediate patisserie. They will let me know next week if there is room for me next term. Hopefully there will be room for me to go. Paris would be awesome, especially in the winter! To study there would be unbelievable. But things will work out how they are supposed to. I'll be returning to the States on Tuesday, December 12th - so I will be seeing ya'll soon. Happy holidays and a happy new year!

Check back here after the new year to see where I am - Paris to continue the culinary program or somewhere else entirely. Where the road will lead.....to another journey somewhere...waiting.

No comments: