Friday, April 06, 2007

Another week of school have come and gone. This was the second week of chocolate. It went fast. Wednesday was the worst, I was at school for the whole freaking day, from 9 in the morning until 8 at night, with a 30 minute lunch break. We have had two lectures about flour and plated desserts. They did not last long, thank god. We were in and out in about 30 minutes to an hour. It was awesome.
the rest of class time was spent doing chocolate, so much tempering, huge bowls of white and dark chocolate. The smell of chocolate at such an early time is not good for the stomach. One of the ways to check the temperature of chocolate is by touching the chocolate to the bottom lip of your mouth. This is one of the spots on your body that can determine temperature. I would not taste chocolate at 9 in the morning, so I went for another method of checking temperature, touching the front part of your pinky into the massive bowl of chocolate. I like to think it works much better!
So one day we worked on airplanes. It was OK. I was getting tired so I did not put in a lot of effort, but I was the one only one to give my plane a call number - B52. I also painted the plane in dark chocolate and a blueish color. It looked cute. By the time I got home the plane has crashed. The wings had fallen, I guess when I was in the metro, I must have hit something. Oh well. I did not get a good picture.
The rest of the week was spent working together, the whole class. We are making a huge class centerpiece. It is themed after New York City! It is going to look awesome. Everyone has a task and in a few days we are going to put on the final touches and assemble the whole piece. The center of the piece is Ms. Liberty's torch. The highest point is the flame with fingers and the hand that holds it. A little farther down will be a plate that holds part of the Empire State building in 3D and street signs of 5th avenue, Madison and so on. On the opposite side, farther down will be the trees from the park and of course an apple since New York is called 'the big apple'. Again, going farther down and on the opposite side will be foods that goes hand in hand with New York - pizza, pretzels and hot dogs. At the base will be the New York sky line and the words of New York. The words are going to be in white chocolate and then sprayed with the colors of the flag and maybe a few stars added. It is going to look awesome. If I can figure out a way to put the picture of the centerpiece on my blog I will. I hope it is going to be awesome!!
School is school and that is what I am trying to focus on. I am assembling a list of places I want to go - it is a long list - but I think during my break will be the best time to go see all these things, on a pass. The pass will allow me to pay one price and then have my run of national treasures to go see. So if anyone wants to come over....please do! I hope everyone is doing well. Take care

No comments: