Saturday, February 17, 2007

What’s that saying? When in Rome, do as the Romans do? Well in Paris, you do as the Parisians do. Drink, eat and enjoy it. In what profession allows you to drink before noon? Food. We have been given wine and more wine in demos and in practical a few times.

The past two weeks have been busy and it is only going to get busier. Last week we were given our midterm grades. I am doing well. I am above average for both patisserie and cuisine, but just barely. Our midterms are given for each group we are in; I am in group A. Group A is the best group there is and I am not being conceded. Group A and group B are the best groups to be in and have the highest group averages. Groups A and B in basic had the top 5 in the class for both patisserie and cuisine and I got put in the better. The over all class average is lower than the group averages, so I know I am doing better then most students.
The grading is out of 5., for patisserie I have a 3.78/5. The group average for A is 3.75/5. I have to do better, I can do better. For cuisine my average is 4.05/5. The group average is 4.01/5. Isn’t it weird that the area I am in interested in is worse then the area I don’t really like? Maybe I should rethink the area I want to go in. Or perhaps this just means that I need to concentrate in patisserie to do better.

Unfortunately this is the only news I have to report. What a dull life I lead. I have just a month left for intermediate cycle. Next week is hell week. We were supposed to have the international buffet on Friday, but they cancelled it. They did not get enough entries to put on the buffet. So I do not have to go to school on Friday. But because of this, this means that Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday I have three classes each day. My schedule is long and hard with demos and then practical right after another. My week starts at 8:30 and ends at 6:30. Tuesday I have class at 12:30, but I don’t get to leave school until 10. Then the next day I am back at school by 8 until 6 or so.

There is still no word on London. I am trying to find out if all the students have responded and paid up for the next level. If all the students have paid, that means I will be staying here in Paris. But if some students have not responded then I still have a chance to transfer….that is what I want.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Grades" are just a way to measure the work that's being done....Don't beat yourself up! Remember......There is NO PERFECT in this world. These Grades are the "opinion" of these particular chefs. You make your Choice of Focus on....what stirs your soul, not by what someone else thinks you are do best. Listen to your gut! It never lies!
I love you!!!! mom