Sunday, February 25, 2007

As of Monday, I am in London LCB! This is good news. Right now I am only in superior patisserie, but I have high hopes that I will get into superior cuisine. I am very excited. And yes, Herndon, you need to look into finding a plane ticket to London now, not Paris.
If anyone knows of anyone that knows of a place in London…pass it on my way!

School is slowly coming to an end. You would think school would be winding down, but it is just the opposite. School is picking up, with lots of practicals and demos and just being busy. Next week is my last full week of classes, and then I have a week of classes, final demos and written exams. The last class, in cuisine and patisserie, is a demonstration that the chefs will put on for us, but we will not be preparing them. Kind of sucks, but I guess it is a perk for us.

In two weeks I have the written exams for cuisine and patisserie, so I have been trying to study for them. It is a little hard. In cuisine, I have to memorize 10 different recipes, ingredients and quantities, plus the different regions in France and what makes that region so profound. For patisserie, I have to memorize 8 different recipes, ingredients and quantities. On top of memorizing recipes, I have to memorize culinary terms and procedures. I hope they have a review like they did for us in Australia.

There was not a lot of exciting events this week. There was one exciting day at school. On Tuesday, as you know or maybe you didn’t, it was Mardi Gras. The French celebrate it in style! I came to school around 11 and they had a small buffet set up for the students. They were serving a bubbly cider, baked goods associated with Mardi Gras and one of the chefs was making fresh hot waffles serving them with delicious toppings. It was a feast and it was so good! People where acting kind of silly, but I think they were just excited. It was a nice break from the sandwiches we usually eat everyday.

No comments: