Thursday, November 23, 2006

Well, the week is almost over. The week has been uneventful...I actually skipped class twice in all this week. The first time was when Margaret was visiting me on Monday and the second time I skipped class was on Wednesday. So cuisine was really easy this week, since I only made it to school once. The cuisine was boring, a very easy day - Karen, I did make bearnaise sauce. Mine was a little tarragonish, so I might need you to show me how you do it - measuring is so overrated. I hate it, but I am suppose to do it here.

Thanksgiving for me was ok. It is weird not being at home for a big holiday. I hated it. I have never missed a holiday at home, celebrating with family and friends. However, my sophomore year I did stay at school for Easter, but can you really count Easter? I don't think you can. So we just won't. It was a little hard, but I was able to have a good Thanksgiving dinner for myself. I fixed stuffing in the microwave, mashed potatoes, green beans with sliced onions, sliced turkey from the deli and I got a little help from Campbell's to make gravy. It wasn't a bad dinner, but it wasn't home!

Well, just three weeks until I begin my journey home! Happy thanksgiving to everyone I was not able to say it too. Take care.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all missed YOU on Thanksgiving, but you were where you need to be......and next year you can be at home (or Paris....or where ever you choose.). I was your age when I missed my first Thanksgiving. I remember how it felt and I too survived. It will never be THAT hard again.
I can't wait till you get here for Christmas and we COOK. :) Take care of yourself these last days of classes. Love you, Mom