Saturday, November 18, 2006

In life we are presented with things we just don't understand. Well in culinary school I have some things that I do not understand. The first thing is why do students take pictures of the chef's items when they are not even finished? They stand there, crowding the table, blocking other people's view of the food and take pictures every five seconds, NO JOKE. I find it ridiculous. I also find it kinda funny. Oh well, perhaps they do this to learn. Who knows.

The other thing I found annoying was Le Cordon Bleu schools. I needed to fax information to the school in Paris...so I asked LCB Australia to fax the pages for me. Unfortunately, they do not fax internationally and they do not have anything to do with the other LCB schools. How stupid is that!!! I was so pissed. How are you gonna run an infamous school in 20 different locations and not have anything to do with any of the other schools? I just don't understand it.

The count down to coming home has begun, officially, there is now less than a month! The next few weeks are going to be crazy busy - lots of theory tests and final assessments. Classes have been going well, busy at times. Cuisine you stay busy the whole time, doing work and that is all. In patisserie, I have ample time to sit around and do nothing. I get all my work done and have nothing else to do. The chefs let me help them out or just play with something else.

I got to look at my grades for cuisine and patisserie. I am have good marks and I am doing well. In cuisine, I talked to one of the chefs and he told me that I was doing fantastic. He wished that he had more students like me in his classes. I told the chefs that I was leaving after basic, they want me to stay and continue with them. A part of me is tempted in staying, but the other part of me, really wants to go to Paris. The chefs told me that the curriculum is totally different then Australia - having one day to watch the chef demo the lesson and the next two days to do the lesson myself. Plus, the kitchens in Paris are not as spacious, very crowded and hot. Oh well, atleast it will be winter in Paris. I am excited though to be going to Paris, I mean it's Paris - the home of culinary arts, museums, beauty and so much more. I even found a place to live in Paris...hopefully it will all work out.

There isn't much news to report on this week. Life is getting to be very tiresome. I've shown up late to school once already. It is so hard to get out of bed. Besides being late to class once, the only other news is that Margaret is coming to see me. She is coming to stay with me for a few days, Saturday until Tuesday. I can't wait to see her, a friendly face from home!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sweetie! It sounds like you are doing well!! I know the chefs will be sad to seee YOU go. I imagine they don't often see a student so driven and passionate as you.
We will miss you at Thanksgiving! Maybe next year you will be home for the holidays.... Hope so!
The dogs are missing you! I keep telling them that you will be home soon, but that doesn't seem to help.
Take care of yourself.
I love you, mom