Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The past week has been...well repetitive. My program is just about over, less than a month left. Whose excited?? ME!!! Tuesday I went to a lecture given by a local professor at the University of Ottawa. It was all about hospitality law. It was informative, but most of it I have already had in college. But I got to ask a few questions and just listened to him talk.

On Thursday, I went in early to help Chef Marc, my main chef. He was cooking lunch for a group of ladies, with a few men thrown in there too. I was his assistant for a few hours. It was fun. We made quiche with mushrooms and cheese, coq au vin and creme brulee. It was fun. Then I had a workshop with my class for about 5 hours.

On saturday I went on a school field trip to a local brewery. We took a yellow school bus to the Draft Horse Brewery. We went in and began drinking beer - I mean testing the five beers. They were good. We had a tour of the brewery - a small room - which took about 10 minutes of him talking. Then we went back to drink more beer. Then we had a tour of the restaurant and went back to drinking. We got back to school - probably all alittle buzzed, but it was a good trip.

The week was good. Another week done, a few more to go and then I am finished! I can't wait. The upcoming week is busy and also a four day weekend! I'm going to New York City to spend some time with my aunt and get my African visa. So I will have more to report soon.

No comments: